20 Days of Christmas: Dessert With Friends, Duncan Hines Style.

by - Thursday, December 08, 2011

Welcome to our 20 Days of Christmas! I'm so excited to bring to you this yummy cookie recipe, all thanks to Duncan Hines. Check it out:)



Thanks to Duncan Hines for sponsoring my writing. There's no limit to the baking possibilities, so grab your favorite Duncan Hines mix and Comstock or Wilderness fruit fillings and Bake On! www.duncanhines.com.


I think I've made it clear I'm not the greatest cook (a disaster cook in training, which I'm sure you've heard before), but I do know how to bake my little heart out. Don't ask me why cooking is so much more of a struggle then baking. Pshht, who am I kidding? It's so much more fascinating to bake scrumptious sweets then lunch or dinner. Well, at least for me it is!

Since a big part of the holidays is desserts, I was so happy to be picked too try out Duncan Hines which is already a staple piece in our family. Everyone's got their favorites. Adrienne likes to nibble on any type of cake/cookie/cupcake as long as it has frosting on it. Richard's a big fan of strawberry shortcake, peanut butter/chocolate cookies, and my run at chocolate cheesecake (had a small meltdown with the store bought graham cracker crust and had to start from scratch on that part, but everything turned out fabulous!!). And I am a fan of ice cream cakes, any kind anyway.


I've never tried anything red velvet and have always heard people rave about them, while drooling over plenty of pictures. So I think it would be a great addition to our Christmas meal for a dozen or two of these delicious looking red and white velvet cookies.

We plan on having over plenty of friends the rest of the holiday season, so I'm very excited to share some good laughs with some sweet treats.


Check out the recipe:


  Cake:

White Chocolate Dip:

  • 2 bars (6 oz. each) white chocolate premium baking bars, broken into pieces
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening

  1. Melt butter; set aside to cool. Place cake mix, egg, cooled butter and vanilla in large mixing bowl. Mix by hand until well blended and dough is formed.
  2. Form dough into a smooth 12-inch log on wax paper or parchment making sure it is even in thickness end to end. Wrap in wax paper; seal in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
  3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease baking sheets. Unwrap dough log and set on wax paper. Using a sharp knife, cut into 48 slices about 1/4-inch thick. Place on cool baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
  4. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, in center of oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
  5. Make dip by placing pieces of baking bar in small, DRY, microwave-safe bowl along with shortening. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir to blend. If needed, continue to microwave in 30-second intervals. Blend each time. Avoid overheating.
  6. Dip each cookie into chocolate to coat half of cookie. Place on wax paper or parchment-lined sheets and refrigerate about 15 minutes or until dip is set. Store in airtight container with wax paper or parchment separating layers.

I plan on doing a follow up and showing you just how awesome these turnedut, so stay tuned!


Remember to check out Duncan Hines' website www.duncanhines.com to find some great recipes for your holiday get-together! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective.

You May Also Like

4 love notes

 

Instagram

Follow Us