20 Days of Christmas: Paddington Way.

by - Friday, December 09, 2011

Welcome to our 20 Days of Christmas! I'm so excited to bring to you this awesome guest post from Jenna over at Paddington Way. Check it out:)



Hi there everyone! My name is Jenna and this is my precious little family.

I am young, in love, a momma, a hopeless DIY'er, and lover of all things pretty. I share all this goodness over at my blog  Paddington Way and sell some pretty little things in my Etsy shop. Come on over and say Hi! 
I am so thrilled to be a part of Liz's Christmas series! This is my first guest post ever! How fun is that?! 

Today I am going to share with you a quick & easy little Christmas craft that is SO perfect to add the finishing touch to your holiday home.

I just love those cinnamon pinecones in bags on the way into the craft store this time of year. I am an absolute sucker for them. I can't resist the cinnamon goodness.  I like having a basket of them by my front door, but I wanted to find a way to incorporate them into my home a little more this year, so this is what I came up with.

This little craft is super simple which is just PERFECT for the season because we all know how many things we have on our to do list everyday until the blessed Christmas Day! 


Supplies:
Cinnamon Pinecones
Ribbon
Hot glue gun & glue
Scissors




 Put a dab of hot glue in the center of the bottom of your pinecone. 

Secure your ribbon to the glue. The pinecones tend to have a little point in the center so I just arched my ribbon over it and then added a little bit more hot glue and folded the ribbon back up to the center. This is so it will hang straight.

Cut your ribbon about 14-18 inches. I varied the length of mine to make the bundle. Do those last three steps until you have done this to all your pinecones. I really liked the look of 3 pinecones in a bundle.

To hang on your door make a slip knot the ribbon and then double knot it. I cut the extra ribbon off and secured with hot glue then added a little bow to finish it off. 
That's it! Super simple but just the right finishing touch for your home.

They are just lovely! I have them hanging on door knobs all over my house. When you walk by you get the most delicious dose of cinnamon aroma! So Christmasy! 
If you are having Holiday guests this would be so great to hang on their guest room door knob.
And your guest bath because they are just that darn cute!

Thank you Liz for having me!
I hope you will all stop by my blog and check out all the other fun tutorials we have! 




You May Also Like

3 love notes

 

Instagram

Follow Us