Zack Austin; 4 Months

by - Monday, August 27, 2012


Another month has passed us by, so so fast!

4 months old. I can't believe were getting so close to 6 months. And then a year will have come and gone.

I know, I know. I'm like a broken record, saying the same thing every month.
But you all know how it is, what it feels like to have you're teeny tiny little newborn turn into this squishy chunky baby that moves on it's own, in the blink of an eye.

Things have been becoming a lot more fun around this household, now that were in full swing rolling stage.

I can't sit this boy down anywhere without him having a ball rolling front to back and back to front. He loves it. Especially while holding onto one foot for dear life.

Speaking of feet. I don't think Zack could have anymore of a fascination obsession with his feet. Preferably his right foot. But none the less, the kid never lets the thing go. Whether he's laying in his swing, in his crib, car seat, etc etc. I feel like it they might be super glued together at this point.

Were definitely teething. I wasn't so sure last month and thought it might be happening. But with the intense fist eating and whining, I won't be surprised when one tiny little tooth decides to pop up in the next month or so.

I don't know if I ever noticed this when Adrienne was little, but when Zack starts to get fussy he says "mama". CLEAR AS DAY! I do not lie. It's incredible. The first time he did it, Richard and I just looked at each other like; "Did that really just happen?"

As independent as he is, with playing in his exersaucer (which he loves!) and on the floor with a toy or two. Zack loveslovesloves to cuddle. If he can get the opportunity to lay in you're nook, while grasping onto one of you're fingers, he's content for life.

He's still mastering sitting up on his own. He can do it for a minute or two if he's able to rest his hands on his legs and/or the floor. When he sits in my lap, he will sit there on his own without me having to keep such a secure hold on him as before. Making some great progress!

At his 4 month check-up two weeks ago, his Pedi said we could start introducing cereal to him. We held off until six month to introduce anything to Adrienne because she was still exclusively bfing (and she showed an absolute zero interest in baby foods, so she barely even ate them after we introduced every flavor).

But since Zack is much bigger then Adrienne was and is completely formula fed now (and eats more), that we decided to give it a go.
He's definitely not a fan of cereal. But I don't think any baby is.

Have you ever tasted it? It's like glue or something else incredibly gross.
So I've found much better luck giving it to him with his formula (he only eats a little bit at night) and it really helps his reflux/gas issues, making things much more bearable when putting him to sleep at night.

Honestly. Zack is like the happiest baby, ever. There isn't a moment where this kid is not flashing a smile or babbling/giggling. It doesn't matter if Adrienne is trying to tickle him or if he's just sitting in his bumbo. The kid is always happy! It's amazing and seriously melts my heart even just thinking about it.

I love my little man with all my heart<3 br="br">

You May Also Like

0 love notes

 

Instagram

Follow Us